Saturday, May 11, 2013

Ridiculously Late April Favorites!!

I am a huge failure. I actually took the pictures for this on March 31st and then proceeded to never have time to write any posts, ever.

I actually had a ton of April favorites, and that is why I'm going to post this quickly now because I found some goodies I can't help but want to share.

My April Favorites!!!

I'll start with hair. I've absolutely been loving my MoroccanOil the past month. It makes my hair so soft and shiny, and I don't know why I stopped using it daily. I can be pretty lazy about hair products, which makes it weird that there are two this month. I've also been loving Alterna's volumizing mousse. I don't even think they make this anymore, but I've loved the huge difference it makes in the volume/look of my blowouts. Even if I let my hair airdry, I get so much more body at my roots, which I love.

For body, I found this sample of a Victoria's Secret body lotion in Vanilla Coconut Passion in my linen closet and decided to use it up. It smells so good, and it has this super fine shimmer/gleam to it that I love on my skin in the sunlight.

Now let's jump into makeup. This month I pretty much just threw my Cover Girl Jumbo Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist and my Baby Lips in Cherry in my purse and used them 80% of the time. Both give nice, sheer color that pretty much can go with any neutral makeup look. I also found myself reaching for my Naked palette almost every day. I go through phases where I favor one Naked palette over the other, and this month I was all about the first one. I used naked or buck through my crease with a 224 brush almost every day, and Sidecar was on my lid a lot.

Apparently this month was the month of cheek color, because I was all about my blush. I love MAC's Well Dressed blush, a light cool pink that I've raved about on here before. I love that I don't have to be super careful about where I place this blush since it's not so dark, which is awesome for mornings where I am rushing to get my makeup done. I've also been ravenously attacking my deluxe sample of the Benefit Bella Bamba blush. It's no secret that I dislike NARS Orgasm, and I feel like this blush is what I wanted Orgasm to be. It's a pinky-coral with some shimmer and it just looks awesome on my skin. Plus it smells really good. What's not to like? Last, but certainly not least, I've been OBSESSED with my NARS Albatross highlighter this month. I've used it almost every day along the tops of my cheekbones. I don't know why it took me so long to love it, but now I'm hooked.

It'll come as no surprise to you that I finished my Market Peach candle. I've never burned through a candle so quickly, and I'm still not sick of this stuff. I actually bought another one because the thought of going a really long time without it made me super sad.

I promise that there are more posts coming soon - check back soon!

XOXO Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment