Monday, April 22, 2013

Nail of the Day: Essie Mod Square

Good evening ladies (and gents)!! What better way to start off a week than with a fresh manicure? I can't think of one!
Essie Nail Polish in Mod Square
So I mentioned in my last nail post that I have a love-hate relationship with Essie polishes. However, I do own several because I went to college in a very small town that was about 45 minutes away from the closest OPI vendor. The Walmart 5 minutes away started selling Essie, which was much more accessible

My beloved favorite OPI pink, Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot! exploded all over my nail polish drawer one day and I found myself needing a bright pink in a bad way. I picked up Mod Square, a cool, bright, pink cream shade with a touch of neon. It's not a dupe for Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot! (which is warmer), but it gives a similar vibe. I've have issues with the opacity of Essie polishes - I find a lot of them to be streaky and they usually require 3 coats, something I hate doing for a color that isn't "spectacular" or unique.

My hilariously tiny child hands with a very pretty polish.
However, this color is better than others I've used in the line. It is still a bit streaky on the first coat, and can be uneven on the second, but I find that using it with my Revlon base makes it stick better and I can get nearly-opaque coverage in 2 coats. It's a super fun bright color for spring, and it's one of those colors that just makes my hands look tanner, ya know? And sorry for the iPhone pictures - my normal camera sometimes makes things look super yellow in artificial light (not quite sure how to fix this), and it was especially bad tonight.

Bonus Candle-Of-The-Night


B&BW Lemon Mint Leaf Candle
I think this would definitely be a love-or-hate candle, depending on whether you think it smells clean, or just like bathroom cleaner. To me, it smells like what I imagine a squeaky clean room should smell like, and it's growing on me. It's not something I'd want to leave burning for hours on end, but letting it burn for an hour or so makes my room smell refreshed even for hours after I've blown it out.

What color polish are you wearing right now? Let me know down below!!

XOXO Samantha



1 comment:

  1. Lovely nail color! I agree, the Revlon base coat can make so many nail polishes work...even if the formula isn't the best!

    ReplyDelete