Monday, April 8, 2013

Excuses and a Haul

My car broke down.

It's not much, but it explains why this post is going up so late. I have SERIOUSLY been trying to get this posted since Thursday, but have had a lot to deal with the past few days. I even fell asleep for a few minutes in the middle of typing this. Yeeeeaaaaaah, it was that kind of weekend.

You wouldn't be able to tell from this blog, but I swear I don't normally buy this much makeup. I just feel like there have been so many new and exciting products at the drugstore this spring that I can't help myself. Plus up until this year I've really only been "into" buying eye products - and now I'm really into face and lips. I am constantly craving trying out new foundations and lip colors... and I have terrible self-control.



PART ONE: ULTA
There was a 20% off everything coupon. I mean, COME ON.



Tarte BB Cream
I've raved about how much I love this product here before. It's amazing - and I decided to take the plunge and buy a full sized tube of this. I know that going into summer I'm not going to want the feel of a heavy foundation, and this is super light weight, long lasting, and not at all greasy -- so basically everything I want in a base. It has light coverage, but it evens out the redness in my skin and makes the texture/tone look 100 times better. I'm sure you'll be hearing a lot about this in the next few months.

Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
Can I just tell you how excited I am to do my foundation with this brush tomorrow? Because I am so flippin' excited you'd think it was Christmas Eve. This brush is soft and dense, and will be perfect for buffing foundation into my skin. I also really wanted to pick up the stippling brush, but my Ulta was out of them. Sad Pandas :(

China Glaze For Audrey
Fact: I am obsessed with Audrey Hepburn. My mom raised me on classic movies; when I was in 2nd grade I told my class my favorite movie was Sabrina, and they all thought I was talking about a teenage witch. Silly kids. I had a "display-only" Barbie of Audrey in the white ball gown from My Fair Lady. I had three posters of her in my dorm room. The fact that they named a Tiffany box blue color after her just means I wanted it more. I'm currently wearing this on my nails and I love it.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Rendezvous
I've had this lip stain on my mind since I picked up Sweetheart/Valentine about a month ago. It's a pretty tangerine orange and it totally fits the bill on the bright lip trend I've been digging this year.

PART TWO: WALMART
I also used coupons, which I highly recommend for drugstore makeup - you'll save a ton of money that way!



CoverGirl Clump Crusher
I'm OCD about throwing out my mascara after 3 months - I even make an entry on my calendar for the day it's supposed to get tossed!! Anyways, my LashBlash Volume is about up and I needed a new mascara. I'm feeling adventurous, so I decided to try Clump Crusher, as people have been raving about it everywhere from r/MakeupAddiction to YouTube for months. I'll let you guys know how I like it!

CoverGirl 3 in 1 Foundation
I mentioned this on my wishlist and decided to try it out... I haven't opened it yet, but I'm sure I'll be doing a review on it!

CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balm in Watermelon Twist
Another wishlist item. I couldn't help myself. I have a problem.

Bonus: Swatches of Watermelon Twist and Rendezvous 

What makeup have you guys been picking up for spring? Anyone else feel like something bigger and better keeps coming out? I feel like the majority of the releases are out now and that I might be able to curtail my spending for the next few months. We'll see!

XOXO Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment