Tuesday, March 5, 2013

February Favorites

Lemme be real here. This month has been rough for me. Between work (and my heinous, traffic-filled commute), my LDR, and barely having enough time to breathe at home, makeup has sadly fallen to the wayside. I simply haven't had time in the mornings to sit and do a 10 minute eye look, so this month I've been getting most of my color from cheek and lip products, things that I usually neglect in favor of eye products. However, this month did inspire me to reach for some blushes and lip products that I haven't always loved, but have really fallen for these past few weeks. This is probably going to be a long post because I'm ramble-y and haven't had much human interaction outside of work recently, so forgive me, okay? Thaaaanks, I knew you would!



Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar
I've had this blush forever and a day. It has to be at least four years old, because that's around when Bobbi Brown moved from the round packaging to square. I pulled it out on a whim sometime early this month and BAM, this is exactly what I needed. It's very pigmented, and a little goes a long way, but it adds a great pop of color to my fair skin. The thing I was most impressed with was the staying power - even after a full 14 hours, my cheeks still had bright color and there was no noticable fading or oxidation. (My boyfriend even noticed how rosy my cheeks were over Skype and my dismal webcam!)

NARS Blush in Deep Throat
I'm apparently really loving the pretty pinks this month because I kept reaching for this. This just adds a really pretty shimmer and light pink glow to my cheeks. I just pop a bit on the apples of my cheeks with a MAC 116 and I'm good to go.

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer 
I've worn and loved the Bobbi Brown Corrector for years, and finally decided to buy the concealer. I found it to be... meh. I had trouble working with it. I was ready to give up on it, but I persevered. My skin flipped out on me for a week or two this month, and I decided to try the thicker formula on some narly blemishes I had. I was super impressed with the coverage and staying power of the concealer. I may never love this for under the eyes or for redness around my nose and chin, but this works great on my skin to really hide zits.

Tarte BB Cream
I have never tried a BB cream before, so I have no idea how this compares to what a BB cream should be. What I do know: this stuff is amazing. It offers light to possibly medium coverage. It smooths on like liquid silk and blends flawlessly. It feels fantastic on my skin - not like foundation or makeup at all. It doesn't highlight flakiness (a major problem with foundations on me in the dry winter months) and improves my skin's texture in a way I didn't think a face makeup could. It doesn't wear off throughout the day. Be still, my heart. I got this sample from a recent Sephora purchase and I'm definitely going to be buying a full sized tube when I'm done with this.

Stila Eye Shadow in Kitten
I know, I know. Everyone owns this. Everyone wears it. But I'm here to tell you it is exactly as amazing as everyone claims it is. I usually just use this as an inner corner highlight, but this month I've been wearing it a lot on my lid, and I like the amount of light it draws to my (tired) eyes.

CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara
I ran out of my beloved DiorShow mascara this month, and decided to use this as a time to try some of the drugstore mascaras I'm always hearing so much about. I was between this and Clump Crusher, and went with this because - let's be honest - I hate curved brushes for mascara. That was literally the only thing that made my decision for me. But I'm so, so glad I finally tried this. I actually find it to wear very similarly to DiorShow on me. It's a wetter mascara (DiorShow is very dry), but it volumizes my lashes, doesn't clump at all, and gives me the appearance of a full spray of lashes. I am in love, and I have a feeling I'm going to be repurchasing this for a long time.

Revlon Lip Butter in Peach Parfait
I love me some Revlon Lip Butters. But I've never quite loved this shade... until now. I don't know what it was, but the first few times I used this I found it to be chunky and glittery and I didn't love the shade. Maybe I was just having a few bad days, but I have worn and loved this shade quite a bit this month. I've even gotten compliments on wearing it, so I'm not just having a crazy moment. If you've ever disliked this shade due to the glitter, please-oh-pretty-please just pick it up and give it a few more tries before you chuck it in the bin.

Nars Lipgloss in Easy Lover
I got this for Christmas, and thought it looked so pretty in the tube. My immediate reaction to this was disappointment - it's not super pigmented, but is really, REALLY glossy. I thought it wasn't noticeable at all on my lips - but apparently I was wrong. I've worn this soooo many times this month. It adds a really pretty subtle bright pink tint to my lips (though a co-worker noticed it enough to remark that my lipgloss matched my hot pink sweater) and a ton of shine.

NYX Lipgloss in Pink Rose
This ended up in my purse at the beginning of the month and I just kept wearing it. Like on the daily. It really brightens up my face and adds a pop of color when I run out the door with nothing but concealer, mascara and blush. It "goes" well with my Deep Throat blush and I think that's why I kept reaching for it out of the depths of my purse -- that, and this month I was too lazy to ever empty lip products from my bag!

Revlon Colorstay Gel-Shine Top Coat
I'm never buying a super-expensive top coat again. This stuff is awesome.

Marni Perfume
I usually don't venture out from my safe little perfume world (Chanel Mademoiselle, a handful of Jo Malone fragrances), but oh man, oh man. I've been wearing this stuff every day this month. I'm not great at describing scents, but this smells very simple and warm to me. Descriptions of it online as "warm and spicy" basically sum it up. And also... HOW CUTE IS THIS BOTTLE???

What were your favorites this month? Lemme know in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment